Part 2

In Cosmetology School I learned the chemicals involved in the beauty world. I learned about hair, make-up, hair color, waxing, skin care, and cosmetics. I loved the beautiful colors I could change my usually blonde locks into. I learned about the skin and how it worked. Eventually I began to wonder about what effect the chemicals might be having on people. I still struggled with horrible breakouts, painfully dry scalp, and constant rashes. No matter how close to natural a product claimed to be, I still suffered. I also had horrible migraines on a daily basis, and was taking up to 15 Excedrin a day to combat them.

My Mother gave me a book that opened my eyes to what was going on in the salon, with the chemicals, and in my own body. The book is called "The Green Beauty Guide," by Julie Gabriel. In this book, Julie, a former Beauty Magazine editor, writes about the beauty indussty as well as her own journey into green beauty. What really struck me was her list of 100 Toxic Cosmetic ingriedients. I am going to paste it in here. I suggest you grab your baby shampoo, lotion, and facewash and check out the ingriedients list. What will scare you the most is not that they are in one product, but just how many there are in every product. Over time, these checmicals build up in your Lymph system, near your Lymphnodes, and eventually can cause tumors or worse. They have even found "Triclosan," a common hand sanitizer and soap addative, in breast cancer tumors!

http://thegreenbeautyguide.com/100-ingredients-to-avoid-download/



  1. Calcium Fluoride – neurotoxic to humans; leads to bone weakness; causes birth abnormalities and depression in animals.
  1. Ceteareth (with any numeral following it) - unsafe for use on broken skin; eye and lung irritant; may be contaminated with 1,4-Dioxane.
  1. Cetrimonium Chloride - skin and eye sensitizer that can include itching, burning, scaling, hives, and blistering; caused cell mutations in animal studies.
  1. Cetyl alcohol - skin and eye irritant in humans.
  1. Cetrimonium Chloride – can cause itching, burning, scaling, hives, and blistering of skin; caused lung cancer in animals.
  1. Chloroacetamide - strong skin, eye, and lung irritant; toxic if inhaled; causes paralysis, goiter, and birth defects in animals; banned in Canada.
  1. Coal Tar – known human carcinogen; causes lung and urinary tract cancer; potent skin irritant; causes multiple cancers in animals; banned in most countries including Canada and European Union; still used in anti-dandruff shampoos in the US and the U.K.
  1. Cocamide DEA (ethanolamide of coconut acid) – strong human skin toxicant and suspected carcinogen; causes irritation of skin, eyes, and lungs in humans; causes liver and bladder cancer in animals.


Comments

Popular Posts