Full Coverage Makeup // Bear's Beauty Products // Acne Safe

My love of makeup is something that cannot be hindered. Despite learning that many of my favorite products had parabens and chemicals in them, I was not willing to give up on makeup.

I struggled with breakouts for most of my life, and still have the occasional breakout. Coverage has always been a concern for me when it comes to foundation, but I also had top consider my super sensitive skin.

When I chose to start developing makeup, I wanted it to be 100% Natural, as well as super effective + beneficial for your skin.

Non-Nano Zinc Oxide + Kaolin Clay makes up the base of my mineral makeup. Zinc Oxide is great for your skin, think Calamine Lotion + Sunscreen. Zinc Oxide not only protects your skin from external stressors, but helps reduce redness and inflammation.

Kaolin Clay gently absorbs oil as well as toxins as well as replaces Talc, which many companies choose to use. Kaolin Clay won't clog pores and is both useful and beneficial in the formulation.

If you are not a huge fan of powder foundation, I encourage you to keep reading. I have a few tips and tricks that will help you apply my mineral makeup like a pro without feeling like you are wearing a dry mask.

Start with a clean face. Use whatever cleanser you like, or if it is morning you can just use a toner like this on a cotton pad swiped over your face.

Applying a good moisturizer is the most important step in any makeup routine. I recommend either my Smooth Perfection Creme or my Shea Perfection Creme. - Both are great for almost all skin types, but the Shea version is a bit thicker, and better for super dry skin. Apply a pea-size amount  all over face and neck and allow to soak in for 3 - 5 minutes.

Another really great tool in the application of mineral makeup is a skin spray. I offer a few different Setting Sprays, but they are all wonderful. I try to offer a few scent options, as well as some that are oil-free as well as moisturizing. This is my basic spray. You can get it scented with essential oils or leave it unscented. The Aloe Vera + Witch Hazel make this great for sensitive skin, as well as Acne. If you have dry skin, check out this one. The small amount of Argan Oil helps nourish and moisturize.

Using a spray helps you control the finish of your foundation. If you have dry or oily skin, you may want to mist on top of your moisturizer, once dry, start buffing your mineral makeup in circular motions into your skin. Make sure your brush is barely saturated with makeup. Mineral makeup uses the oil on your skin to form a cream right on your skin.





Once you have one layer of foundation on, you can mist again. This will help another layer buff into your skin, giving you very full coverage. Once the mist has dried, buff in another layer, you may also choose to press the makeup into your skin with a flat-topped brush. This will help to fill in large pores, and the Zinc in the makeup will help tighten pores over time.

Repeat this process until desired coverage is achieved. Apply foundation with a small brush to bad spots.

Finish with a setting powder + one last spritz.

Comments

Popular Posts