CBD Skincare

Hello Beauties!!! It has been way too long since I posted. I find my list of blog post ideas getting longer and longer, but my blog has not gotten as much attention.

The cornerstone of my line is Organic Hemp Seed Oil. Since I started Bear's Beauty, it has always been my intention to bring more attention to the many benefits if all things Hemp + Cannabis + Marijuana. If you have been following @bearsbeautyhemp on Instagram, then you have probably seen a few mentions of CBD products.

I currently sell most of my items through Etsy. Unfortunately, Etsy policy is very much anti-cannabis. Official policy is that any derivative of Hemp that is not from the sterilized seeds, Hemp Seed Oil with 0% THC and 0% CBD, is not allowed on the marketplace. This means that I cannot sell CBD items on Etsy.

I want to talk to you about some personal reasons why I feel CBD should be readily available and explored.

My youngest brother had brain surgery when he was one year old. As a result of that surgery, that saved his life, he suffered physical brain damage to his frontal lobe. Your frontal lobe controls things like decision making, social skills, and reasoning. My brother suffers from epilepsy as a result and has had seizures regularly since the surgery. My brother is now 22 years old. He still lives at home, and will have to the rest of his life. He is almost seven feet tall. He takes maximum doses of three different seizure medications, all of which process through the liver. Each medicine has side effects that make him hungry or sweat too much or not at all. CBD could help address his seizures without all the side effects and liver damage.

My Grandfather was like my Dad. He helped raise me when my dad left. He was at every play, performance, graduation, and track meet.  He was one of the healthiest people that I know. He was diagnosed with Lymphoma and battled it for several years. In the end, I watched chemo and treatments kill him while tumors choked out his organs. The chemo made him not want to eat, burned his throat, made his nauseous, and the pain pills only made it worse. I cannot convey to you how much I fault myself for not knowing more when he was sick. That being said, CBD, Medical Marijuana, and all things Hemp are beneficial to cancer patients. I may not be able to go back in time and ease my Grandpa's suffering, but I can create products that will help people now. I do not offer CBD products yet, but they are coming. I already offer several soothing products, but they will be even better with CBD.

My roommate struggled with opiate addiction that eventually claimed his life. It, like SO many other addictions, started with pills. Pain pills, specifically. One of his friends, his best friend, got clean after his death using CBD. I believe CBD and eventually Medical will seriously reduce the number of opiate related deaths.

I struggle with anxiety, migraines, chronic immune issues, and for a time I also struggled with addiction. Most of my life I self-medicated. I am not proud of that, but I feel like honesty is the only way I do any justice to my goal. CBD and Medical helped me get off medication and get into a healthier lifestyle.

I was not an advocate of anything to do with hemp most of my younger years. It was only when Hemp Seed Oil cleared my skin that I started to look into other applications. The oil alone is a miracle of nature. It just happens to have a balance of Omega Fatty Acids usually reserved for fish oil. The oil is also rich in Linoleic Acid, a fatty acid that helps thin thick sebum.

At the end of the day, I feel that CBD and Medical Marijuana could do a ton of good.

While Etsy does not allow CBD, I will soon be offering CBD infused skincare!

This is just one of the exciting things coming to Bear's Beauty, stay tuned!

-Bear



Comments

Popular Posts