Babies // DIY Baby Recipes // Products to Avoid // Green Baby

One of the reasons why I began to transition to natural products back in 2012 was a question that was posed to me;

Picture a baby. If you don't have children, picture a sibling or family member. Got it? Ok, now picture pouring motor oil on that baby. Would you massage motor oil into your baby's skin?

I was DISGUSTED! What was this crazy lady talking about. OF COURSE I wouldn't pour motor oil on a baby.

A little research showed me that mineral oil (baby oil) and motor oil are almost the same exact thing. Gross.

Now, I have my line of skin care, and several baby options. I know that some of you like to make your own things, so I have some really great, baby safe, DIY recipes!

Many of these recipes center around -

Dr Bronner's Baby Mild Castile Soap (Dr Wood is another good brand)
Organic Coconut Oil
Organic Olive Oil
Organic Hemp Seed Oil
Organic Lavender Essential Oil
Organic or Wild Chammomile Essential Oil

I love the Brand Nutiva for Oils as well as Mountain Rose Herbs. Now Essential Oils are a great option, sold on Amazon as well as Iherb.com - both deliver very fast.

Feel free to substitute oils of your choosing, but always use Organic and Cold-Pressed whenever possible.

*****Organic Diaper + Boo Boo Balm*****

4 oz Organic Coconut Oil
2 oz Organic Shea Butter
2 Tablespoons Non-Nano Zinc Oxide
6 Drops Lavender Essential Oil

1. Mix together all oils until combined (I use a hand mixer.)
2. Mix in Zinc + Essential Oils and put in glass jar.

*****Organic Baby Oil*****

8 oz Any Carrier Oil (Apricot, Olive, Sunflower, Hemp Seed Oil)
10 Drops Lavender Essential Oil
5 drops Chamomile Essential Oil

1. Mix together in glass bowl and pour into bottle with cap.

Massage over baby whenever skin is dry, put in the bath, and use it yourself :)

*****Organic Baby Powder*****

1 Cup Organic Arrowroot Starch
10 Drops Lavender Essential Oil
(Optional 1 Tablespoon Kaolin or Bentonite Clay)








Comments

Popular Posts