The Final Results Of My Coconut Shampoo Trials

Some of you may be following the progress of my Organic Shampoo and Conditioning Duo. I have been searching for the perfect Green Hair Care solution since I started this business almost a year ago. I have tested TONS of recipes and methods.

I used a paste of baking soda and then an apple cider vinegar rinse for almost two months in the beginning, but found my hair and scalp were always dry.

I tried a sort of Clay Shampoo and could never seem to get all the clay rinsed out, leaving my hair dull and dry.

I tried just plain Castile soap, diluted with water. I got some lather, but my hair never really felt clean. I missed the bubbles from regular shampoo, even though I knew that bubbles don't mean clean.

Finally, I found my shampoo "Prince" - Coconut Milk! My Coconut Milk Shampoo is AMAZING! You get bubbles, conditioning and moisture from the coconut milk, cleansing from the Organic Castile soap, and its totally Organic and SAFE! Now, I have been struggling to come up with a solution for the shelf life of the coconut milk. Once mixed with the Castile solution, it is only good for about 5-7 days (longer if you keep the mix in the fridge.)

My solution, send it separately and allow you guys to mix it yourself at home. This has two benefits; your shampoo will remain fresh much longer, and you can customize the blend as you need to. No two people are the same, and though most people will find that an equal mix of Coconut Milk and Castile Solution is perfect for them, some people need more moisture (Coconut Milk) and some people need more cleansing (Castile.)

When you purchase my shampoo you will receive three small PET plastic bottles (Larger size options available.)

1. The first bottle contains my custom blend of Organic Castile Soap, Aloe Vera, Argan Oil, Hemp Seed Oil, Coconut Oil, and Essential Oils.

2. The second bottle contains Organic Coconut Milk mixed with a tiny amount of Grapefruit Seed Extract (a natural antioxidant.)

3. The third bottle is empty. This will be the bottle that you keep in your shower for use when you shampoo.

I have been using this shampoo for a little over a month now. I love how it feels and works. I also love that it is natural, organic, chemical-free, and makes my hair super soft. I find that it is super easy to mix up a little shampoo before I shower, it takes all of five seconds.

I just use a Tablespoon and measure out 1 Tbsp Coconut Milk + 1 Tbsp Castile Solution, Shake, and hop in the shower. This shampoo works best when poured directly on your scalp and massaged into a lather. If your hair is super dirty, you may have to apply a second time to get good lather.

You can also fill the empty bottle 1/2 way with coconut milk and then half way with Castile Solution at the beginning of each week. The shampoo will stay good in your shower (mixed) for seven days. When you are not using the coconut milk, store it in the refrigerator.

This may be more than what you want to do, and I totally understand. For me, having an Organic shampoo that is totally natural, its worth the little bit of mixing!

For your conditioner, you are going to use my Hibiscus Hair Rinse, which is a mixture of Apple Cider Vinegar (to balance the PH of your scalp and ends), Hibiscus Flower Extract that I hand-make, and Aloe Vera Juice. You simply spray at your roots and the your ends, and then rinse!

It make take your body a few weeks to adjust, but I promise you, it is worth it!

I have attached some picture of my hair for you. I have not used commercial shampoo in over 8 months. The last month has been the first time that my hair is shiny and pretty without any extra styling or products. I do like to use my Argan and Coconut Hair Serum for frizz, but did not use it for these pictures.

"Bear" with me, these are just cell phone pictures. I took both right after my hair air dried, one inside and one outside :) I would also like to add, I have not dyed my hair in over six months, and the lightening spray is doing wonders for keeping my roots tolerable.





Comments

Popular Posts