My Daily Skin Care Routine

I thought today I would share with you guys what products I use every day on my own face and body, as well as what products I am beginning to use now that the weather is cooler and drier here in Georgia. I will include a link to each product that I mention here.

I brush my teeth with Peppermint Toothpaste.

Every morning I use the Roses and Honey Toner on a cotton pad and use it to dampen my skin. I do not usually wash my face in the morning, as I find I seldom need to now. If you want to wash your face and are using the OCM, I recommend mixing a little clay mask with water and massaging that into your skin as a cleanser, or doing a quick oil cleanse with very little oil.

On mornings when I got way not enough sleep, I use the Wake and Bake Eye Butter (the little 1/3 oz pot will last you FOREVER!)

I follow with a few drops of my Acne Serum, which I press into my face, rather than rubbing it in.

If I am wearing makeup that day, I also use a little bit of my Sun Lover's Cream (mineral makeup) or my Cold Cream (liquid makeup like Urban Decay Naked Skin.)

As the weather has gotten cooler, I find that just the Acne Serum isn't usually enough hydration. Cold Cream or even HempSheAloe make great daytime moisturizers. Both can be used as a cleansing cream and moisturizer. I prefer the HempSheAloe currently, but mainly because my jar smells of Vanilla and Cocoa... yummy on my face!

I always use my Deodorant in the morning, and even in the summer, never had to reapply. I carry a Tinted Lip Balm in my pocket (Peppermint right now.)

I am definitely starting to use more moisturizer. After I get out of the shower I used a Body Butter Stick on my damp skin. I also carry a little 1 oz of my regular Body Butter with me when I go out, just in case I have to wash my hands with drying soap in public.

I have been wearing my Sweet Neroli perfume, which I must admit, I made just for myself initially. Only after several people commented on how great I smelled did I decide to share this. I love the sweet yet slightly floral scent. It's not too overpowering or string, and definitely not your Grandma's floral.

Ok... so that is about it for the daytime. I thought you guys would be interested what products I use and take with me. I also wanted to say, if you are wearing mineral makeup, be sure to blot any excess oil from your skin before applying your foundation. I like to do this anyways, but wait at least five minutes after moisturizing, so it can soak in.

In the evening, if I am taking off makeup, I will use my Cold Cream or Cleansing Balm to break down the bulk of it, and remove with tissue or toilet paper.

I then do my deep oil cleanse. I massage my Oil Cleanser into my face for at least three minutes, focusing on my chin and nose (where I get the most breakouts.) After I feel the oil thin on my skin, I let it sit while I turn on the shower. I take my cloth into the shower and use it to steam, and then remove the oil from my face.

I wash my hair with this shampoo recipe. I only wash my hair about every four days, and on the other days I just rinse well with warm water. If my hair looks oily, I pour a cup of water with 1 Tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar through my hair and then rinse out.

I use my new Peppermint Whip to wash my body along with my Exfoliating Gloves.

I follow my shower with the Body Butter Stick, and the Eczema Cream where I need it.

I use a little Witch Hazel Toner and just spritz on my face, and then follow with Acne Serum and Face Butter. 

I like to put Shealoe on my feet in some socks when I sleep and a thick coat of Cold Cream overnight when my skin is dry.

I hope this helps you ladies :0)

Comments

Popular Posts