Winter Skin Tips

When the weather gets cooler, it also gets drier. No matter where you live, winter is hard on your skin. Your hands, feet, lips, and face all need extra TLC to stay looking and feeling your best. I have a few tips, tricks, and products you help you out this Holiday Season. These also make great gift ideas.

The first tip I have is for your face. Most of the year, I do not need to use a moisturizer after I oil cleanse, and if I do, I can get away with a light facial oil. This is just not the case in the winter. Be sure to use a thick cream with beeswax or candelilla wax and some rich oils after you cleanse, and before you apply makeup. I suggest my Cold Cream. You can use any cream you like, but be sure it is thicker than what you would use in the summer. Another trick is to intensely hydrate your skin at night. I like to apply a thick layer of Cold Cream before bed and let it soak in all night.

Another tip for your face is to carry a facial mist along with you. I love my Rose Hydrosol for just this purpose. I find that it soothes my face as well as hydrates, especially in super dry buildings.

If you are like me, you wash your hands a bajillion times a day. I suggest keeping some of my Body Butter close by. The set I have linked is a $20 set that comes with a sugar scrub, body butter, and lip balm. All the things you need to keep your skin soft and supple all winter long. It makes a great gift for just about anyone.

I like to apply my body butter while my skin is still damp from the shower, to seal in the moisture from the shower. I also apply lip balm as soon as possible.

Lips need extra attention. I have a whole selection of flavors and colors here. Be sure to exfoliate your lips gentle with a toothbrush or sugar scrub. This will keep the dry skin at bay.

Another tip is to drink lots of water. It seems simple, but in the winter, your body has to work harder to stay warm. If you are not hydrated, it can cause lots of issues. So, drink your water :)

I like to use a deep conditioning mask on my hair at least once a week, to keep my ends from looking parched. This Coconut Oil one is amazing!

Last, but not least, use a moisturizing soap in the shower and exfoliate. Check my page for new Handmade Bar Soaps!

Hope this finds you all well, and be looking out for Peppermint Candy Cane Lip Balms!

Comments

Popular Posts